Author Topic: Bulletin Board Down for Maintenance  (Read 339 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JustRuns 4WD Club
Bulletin Board Down for Maintenance
« on: July 08, 2021, 08:32:45 PM »

I'm shutting the bulletin board down for maintenance. I expect this to last for a few hours to a day.

-Admin

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • JustRuns 4WD Club
Re: Bulletin Board Down for Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 09:45:11 PM »

The bulletin board is in normal operation again.

Hopefully it, the website, and the photo gallery are all up and running well. I just completed migrating all of them to a new web host. There were several reasons for doing this. Our previous web host was Siteground. They had made some undesirable changes.

- They discontinued cPanel and switched to Site Tools. The cPanel is central to site maintenance. Site Tools has fewer features and is harder to use.

- They enforced caching. You can't turn it off even for debugging. That made maintenance of the web pages and gallery pretty cumbersome. Gallery would get into a locked up state that would last for half an hour.

- They raised their already high prices by 56%.

I went with ICDSoft. I had already been using them for my own site for about fourteen years. They are one third the price. They give us five times the disk space. They provide an industry standard control panel. And I can turn caching on and off.

If everything goes right you won't notice any difference. On my end, maintenance should be easier.

-Admin